When you embed a video on your website, you increase visitor interaction, time on site, and add value. These are all positive signals for the search engines! Here’s how you do it.
I’m Lori Ballen and in this video, you’ll learn the easy way to embed a video on your blog or website. You’ll also learn why you can use someone else’s video on your website if you haven’t made one on that topic just yet.
Video can help your blog rank because it sends quality signals to Google when someone stays on your website longer watching a video. If you ask someone how they like to digest content, video will often be the top answer.
While someone may not skim a 2000 word blog, they may watch a 10-minute video that gives the same information.
Therefore, video improves the experience of the user.
And the fact that it’s so easy to share a video on your blog makes it silly not to do so.
My businesses are all driven by content. Omnichannel marketing is key for many successful businesses today. While focusing on one area allows you to master the language, format, and audience targeting, website visitors are preferring options.
When Google believes your page returns the best options, it’s likely to rank higher on the search engines for that term when searched on Google.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links on this website. [Affiliate Disclosure]
- You can actually just click share on the video, grab the URL and paste anywhere on your blog
- Or, you can click the +, add a content block and choose youtube and enter the embed code OR HTML block and embed
Remember that sharing a video does not give you a license to edit it in any way. By sharing with the youtube link or embed code, the player is actually crediting watch time to the person making the video.
The visitor can also click through and learn more about the person that made the video. That’s why this is a win win situation when sharing someone’s video.
Careful not to promote your competition if your call to action has to do with something you are directly promoting that the video does as well.
More WordPress Guides
- Real Estate Agent Website Content – Exactly What to Create to Generate Real Estate Leads
- Link Whisper WordPress Plugin For Internal Linking
- 50 of The Best Real Estate Blog Topics
- 2020 – The Best Real Estate Agent Websites [Get the List]
- Get Real Estate Leads in 2020 With a Home Buyer Guide and Lead Magnet