As an Affiliate and Amazon Associate, I earn money form purchases made through my links, sponsored posts, and ads. This does not cost you anything extra.
I did a quick poll of my friends and followers on Facebook. I asked them if they were to attend an interview of someone they wanted to learn from, would they rather watch it on video, read it on a blog, or listen on a podcast. There was a clear majority winner.
I was a little surprised that video won by such a landslide. While podcast was mentioned, it was almost always 2nd to video and blogging fell into last place. The thread is still going and I’m curious to see if it continues to trend to video.
I believe this is where the world is going and where we must adapt. I think quick steps people can skim are great on a blog. I think thought-provoking articles and guides can do great on a blog platform.
For general talks and interviews, people love to watch the people on video. Many say it holds their attention better.
For me, when I’m getting ready in the morning, I adore a great podcast. I’m looking at my hair and makeup and don’t want to be distracted looking at a screen.
When I’m learning to do something, I love a video.
I think for bloggers to continue doing well in the marketing space, they must add video wherever possible.
Video increases dwell time (time on site) which indicates a sign of quality. This matters to Google. If ranking on the search engines is important to you, dwell time should be too.
If they are your videos, you are going to gain watch time which is helpful in both ranking your videos on youtube and in monetizing your youtube channel.
Below, you’ll find some of my best guides on using Video for marketing in your business. I’ve also included some of the video equipment and tech tools I use for my 7 websites and multiple businesses – from Las Vegas Real Estate to Affiliate Marketing.
- Here’s How To Promote a Youtube Channel
- How To Apply for Youtube Monetization with a New Channel
- How To Become A Youtube Partner For A Monetized Channel
- How to Create a YouTube Channel
- How to Create a Youtube Playlist
My Favorite Tools
- IDX Broker for Property Listings
- SEMrush for ranking a website
- Tubebuddy for Youtube Channel Optimization
- Spyfu for quick easy Keyword and Topic Research
- Grammarly for spell check for blogging
- Listings To Leads for Marketing Properties
- Get Response for Email Lists, Funnels, and Marketing Automation
- Ballen Brands for Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Websites
- Vulcan 7 for Prospecting
- Crowd Content for Blog Writers
- Screenflow for Video Tutorials
- Buzzsprout for Podcasting
- 99 Designs for Logos
- Clicky for Website Analytics
- Fiverr for quick designers and subcontracted administrative services
- Flywheel, Bluehost, or WP engine for Webhosting
- Studiopress for WordPress Themes
- Godaddy for Registering Domain Names
- Wealthy Affiliate for learning how to add affiliate marketing to your real estate business
- Teachable to build an online operations manual our course
- Mobile Monkey for Chat Bots
- Send Out Cards for cultivating your sphere of influence
- Tailwind for Pinterest and Instagram
- Right Message for adding audience segmented offers on your website