This video is a must watch for anyone who is publishing on youtube with a goal to generate traffic, leads, sales, monetization or affiliate income. It’s amazing to find out that your video call to action is wrong.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
- There really aren’t “viral” videos so much anymore. Most “viral” videos are really promoted and influencer targeted.
- Asking the visitor to “subscribe” doesn’t add much value.
- Asking for comments likes and “smashing the like button”
- Youtube says “likes” and “comments” aren’t really a metric in the video’s discoverability (ranking).
- The call to action to get someone to use the link is not at the end of the video. It makes sense while you are talking about something, not at the end.
- Sometimes, it’s fine to make a “sales video” where the entire intent is to sell. It doesn’t have to be evergreen. You can put it in unlisted status after the offer expires.
- Data shows people don’t subscribe when you “ask” at the beginning. In fact, the content is frequently abandoned when the “ask” is presented too early.
- People know how to subscribe, you don’t need to tell them “how”
- While subscriber count is important for monetizing a channel and is certainly a growth metric, it doesn’t help your videos rank.
- It’s IMPERATIVE to get the viewer to watch the entire video, and then watch another video
- The retention goal should be 50%, meaning 50% of your viewers watch it ALL THE WAY to the end.
- Google rewards channels that have higher watch time, even if they watch other videos after watching yours.
- Even if they don’t subscribe, if they watch a few of YOUR videos, Google will serve up your video to that person more often.
- End Screen Call to Action should be another video.
- Don’t signal it’s the end of the video but promote them to watch the next video
- End Screen click through averages are less than 1% but some who make the appropriate changes can see 30-40%! WOAH!
- Get them into a playlist, short ones!
- Playlists should be around 4-10 videos long. The best content.
- Give value FIRST before you deliver a call to action. You GIVE before you ASK.
- An auto played video does not count in watch time. A View is technically user triggered.
- Don’t try to accomplish 15 things with one video. Have a clear goal. Do not pitch multiple calls to action at the same time.
More Youtube Tutorials
- Would You Rather: Watch, Read, or Listen to an Interview?
- Why the Call To Action at the End of your Video should NOT be “to subscribe”
- How To Make Money On Youtube
- Should you Start A Second Youtube Channel?
- How To Make Money With Youtube Superchat