Algorithm: a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.
How does a website rise to the top of a search? Search engines work by collecting information from the content of every single page, video and image on the Internet. Then, that content is ranked by its relevance and search engine listings are created. This process is called an algorithm. Google is the world’s largest search engine, answering over a billion queries a day from 181 countries in 146 languages. The Google algorithm analyzes several factors, including:
1. How often does the search term appear on the web page?
2. Are search terms in the titles of each page?
3. Do synonyms of the search term appear on the page?
4. Does the page frequently have fresh, robust content?
5. What are the number and quality of links back to to a page?