Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and earns money from qualifying purchases. Posts contain affiliate links that benefit Lori as well.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to install, activate and use Link Whisper for an improved internal linking strategy on your WordPress website. Grab your Link Whisper software here, download the zip file and follow the instructions below.
Yoast SEO premium has a feature called cornerstone content. It’s designed to suggest links to pages you have marked as the most important content labeling them as cornerstone content.
Yoast also offers suggested links although it doesn’t offer where to place them. Link Whisper is different in that it actually takes the sentence or phrase from your current blog and suggests the link including the preview of where that link goes.
This can help you make a more educated decision about whether or not to include the link on your page.
- How Does Link Whisper Work?
- Orphaned Content
- How To Install Link Whisper
- How to Add Internal Links
- How To Adjust Anchor Text
- How to Add New Inbound Internal Links
- Link Whisper Reports
- Open Links in a New Tab
- How to Adjust How Links are Added
- How to Adjust Post Types
- Ignore Words and Numbers
- Search by Keyword, Add Links
- SEO Guides
How Does Link Whisper Work?
Link Whisper quietly suggests or “whispers” contextual internal link ideas that can better direct the users to find content on your website and then helps Google rank your pages better in the search engine results pages.
Internal linking is a massive undertaking and requires a certain skillset in finding the best links and when to use them. Link whisper changes this activity from a chore to an opportunity. This can create a more optimized website helping with ranking on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Links Whisper is built with artificial intelligence and begins to suggest appropriately related internal links when you begin writing your article, and it does it without you having the leave the page.
The reports page will also show you how many internal and external links are pointing to it.
How To Install Link Whisper
- In WordPress, go to Plugins
- Click Add New
- Select Upload Plugin
- Choose File
- Click the Link Whisper Zip File
- Install Now
- Activate the plugin
- Input your license key in the Plugin settings
How to Add Internal Links
- Scroll down to the bottom of your work in the WordPress editor
- Find the Link Whisper suggest links
- Select the links you want to include by checking the box to the left
- Click the Update Links Button
- The links will become live on your website
- Update your blog to save.