In this video, you will learn how to build an email list for nurturing your leads using the AWeber email marketing tool. This is a simple to use program that is great for sending email broadcasts, campaigns, and more.
My name is Lori Ballen and I’m a digital marketing strategist, speaker
- What is AWeber?
- Step 1: Determine Your AWeber Mailing List Categories
- Step 2: Create a New List
- Step 3: Verify Your Business Information
- Step 4: List Name & Description
- Step 5: Edit Your Confirmation Message
- Step 6: Finalize Your List
- How to Find Your Email Lists
- How to Manage Your AWeber Email Lists
- Latest Online Marketing Guides
What is AWeber?
You can create separate email lists based on what information your subscribers want to receive to make it easy to reach out to them on a regular basis.
Step 1: Determine Your AWeber Mailing List Categories
When creating your mailing lists, you want to keep in mind who is going to be in this list and what information they want to receive.
You should use these lists to group subscribers together who want to receive the same information.
Some examples we have in our account are:
- Members of our Ballen Method to Marketing course (to receive updates on new topics, lessons, changes to the membership structure, etc.)
- Members of our KetoDays membership (to receive updates regarding the Keto Diet, recipes, tips & tricks, and more)
- Webinar attendees & updates (to send reminders for events they have registered for as well as notifications on upcoming events)
For Real Estate, you may want some of your lists to be:
- Las Vegas Buyers (people who live in Las Vegas that want to buy a house)
- Las Vegas Sellers (people who live in Las Vegas that want to sell a house)
- Out of State Buyers (people who live out of state that want to buy a house – you can target the emails specifically to the processes of moving from out of state)
- Hyperlocal (people who just want to know about local events, holidays, things to do, etc.)
- Referral Network (people who you have in your referral network that you want to send updates on regarding your business or referral model)
You do not have to use the above lists, they are simply examples of what you could do with lists.
Step 2: Create a New List
To create a new list, you want to:
- Select “Manage Lists” in the upper-right corner of your AWeber profile
- Select the green “Create a List” option
Step 3: Verify Your Business Information
Once you select the option to create a new list, you will be taken to a page where you will be asked to verify your company information.
Your Company Name
This does not have to be a company name, specifically. If you don’t have a company name, you can simply use your name instead.
Your Company Website
This is going to be whatever website is associated best with the email content.
This section is required by law and will appear at the bottom of each email. If you do not want your personal address to appear here, you can use a P.O. box instead.
Sender Name & Email Address
Step 4: List Name & Description
When naming your list, keep in mind that the list name is public to your subscribers.
This should be clear so that if they do choose to unsubscribe, they know exactly which list it is that they are unsubscribing from.
For example: Webinar Notifications & Updates
That is one of the lists that we have and it is very clear that if they were to unsubscribe from that list, they would no longer receive notifications & updates regarding webinars.
Another example would be: Ballen Academy Affiliates
We have an affiliate program with our Ballen Academy website (if you’d like more info email firstname.lastname@example.org), where our affiliate partners earn a commission on sales that they generate using their tracking link.
When there are new promotions, we email them to let them know that there is a new commission opportunity available. Also, if anything were to change with the affiliate program, they would also receive emails.
The description should be a brief breakdown explaining in more detail what they will be receiving when they subscribe to this list.
This description is also public to your subscribers, so make sure it’s clear and professional.
Step 5: Edit Your Confirmation Message
This is basically a message saying, “Hey, we received a request to sign up via this email. We just want to make sure this is really you.”
You don’t have to have this turned on for your list, but it is recommended for deliverability.
First thing you’re going to do is make sure your language is selected and you have a subject line chosen.
You can choose from one of the already created subject lines, or you can request a custom subject line from the AWeber team.
This should be clear in confirming exactly what the subscriber is going to receive by confirming to subscribe to this list. Be as specific as you can while keeping the message short & sweet.
For example: Please click the button below to confirm that you’d like to receive emails regarding new lessons, courses, and updates to your Ballen Method to Marketing membership.
The Button Text is simply a drop-down list for you to be able to choose what you want the button to say.
- Confirm my email
- Confirm my subscription
- Confirm my request
Here’s an example:
Step 6: Finalize Your List
Once you’re ready to complete your list, simply select the green button at the bottom of the screen that says, “Approve Message & Create List” to save your settings and create your list.
How to Find Your Email Lists
Once your lists have been created, you can find them in the “current lists” section in the upper-right corner of your AWeber portal.
To access a list, simply click on the name of that list and you will be taken to a screen with more details for that list.
How to Manage Your AWeber Email Lists
Simply select the same “Manage Lists” option from step 2, find the list you want to manage, and click on the title to access the options for that list.
This includes options such as:
- Sharing your broadcast archive to social media
- Changing your list name/description
- Editing your confirmation email
- Turning the confirmation email on or off
- Editing the confirmation success page (or adding a link to your own)
You can also select the grey “Deactivate” button if you no longer wish to utilize that list.
Latest Online Marketing Guides
- How to Use Pinterest For Business
- How to Import Contacts into KW Command
- What Are Longtail Keywords?
- Hyperlocal Real Estate Marketing
- Generate Real Estate Leads and Referrals with Send Out Cards