Looking for the best Real Estate Blog Ideas? We have compiled the most amazing list for you. And be sure check out the special article and video we created for you on generating seller listing leads online through blogging.
Before we get started, are you looking for someone to write your real estate agent blog posts for you? Ballen Brands can help with that!
Blogging is important to any business. For real estate, it’s essential. Blogging showcases you as the local real estate specialist. SEO (search engine optimization) has changed. Google is obsessed with staying the search engine of choice. It’s determined to do this by returning the most relative results to the searcher when they perform a query (type in a search term). The more Google learns the behavior of the user, the more likely it is to return a valuable result in the SERP’s (Search Engine Results Pages).
When someone visits your website, and they are logged into Google (which most people are now), a history begins. Google learns their behavior. It stores information on how they search, what terms they use, what websites they visit and begins to learn the person. Now, they can interpret intent.
The person searches for ‘real estate’. Google knows their geographic location and returns local results. However, if that person has been browsing websites in London recently and has spent time looking at weather, and population, and jobs etc., Google may believe that person was searching for real estate in London even though they never type in the word London. Google has learned their behavior and begins to assume what they meant based on history.
The more times a visitor lands on your site for local or specialty information, the more likely Google is to relate you to that locality and/or specialty where it comes to that specific visitor. Now when that person searches a term like “house values”, you will probably be moved up in the rankings for that person, shown over you competition, because Google already sees a valuable relationship between you and that visitor.
In addition, each time someone visits, you have the ability to make offers (free downloads, newsletters, homes to browse, school schedules) etc. and begin building your local database. Lists like this can be very powerful as long as you focus on value pieces to give them instead of spam.
Here are some great local and real estate blog topics to keep you busy all year. Wherever you see X, you would use your city or neighborhood. A few categories you may build under are living in X, best of X, things to do in X.
- Things to do
- The transportation
- Average Temperatures
- Things to do on a date (Valentines Day)
- Best places to see holiday lights (Christmas)
- Free things to Do
- Best Restaurants
- Best places to get Pizza
- Best Happy Hours
- Day Trips (short drives to fun excursions)
- School Supplies List
- School Football Schedules (these make great offers as well)
- Local Haunts
- Spring Egg Hunts (Easter)
- Best Pumpkin Patches (November)
- Best Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Famous People that Live Here
- What you probably never knew about living in X
- Best Local Mechanics
- Home Safety Tips
- What is Escrow
- How to sell a house in 10 days
- When is the best time to sell a house
- Things to do with Kids
- Getting Married in X
- Things to do this weekend
- Cool Things to Do
- Exciting Things to Do
- Things to Do at Home on a Rainy Day in X
- Cheap things to do
- Things to do in Summer
- Things to do with toddlers
- Random things to do (these should be super local and fun. Only things local really know)
- Things to do on your birthday in X (Local specials should be added)
- Things to do with your boyfriend (Yes seriously – 12,100 people a month search this term. See Examples)
- Things to do in the City
- Crazy things to do (Think of skydiving and dangerous activities)
- Things to do at night
- Romantic things to do (Valentines / April make good seasons for this)
- Visiting X (This should be from the standpoint of Tourism)
- Best Places to See Movies
- Best Dog Hotel
- Bathroom Ideas (Popular search terms. Use sites that give you embed permissions for images like Houzz)
- Moving? 10 Things to do before you pack
- Real Estate for Beginners – 5 Things you may not have thought of yet
- De-clutter your life with these 9 steps
- The first time homes buyers comprehensive guide to mortgage (Think 2000 + words on this one for sure)
- 101 Real Estate Terms you should know when buying and selling a house
- Are your neighbors affecting your home sale?
- Why didn’t my house sell the first time?
- How much is my house really worth?
When you start at ground zero, you need a plan. Ballen Brands can help establish your website with a beginner bundle of content. Your welcome message, about us page, contact page, and more can be created for you with high-quality, attention to detail, and professional appeal. Although we recommend a Ballen Real Estate Website, you need not have a BREW to take advantage of our content services. Let us help you get started on your journey into content marketing with website fundamentals.
No website? No problem! Ballen Real Estate Websites, also known as B.R.E.W. are crafted to position you with a powerful web platform. Our B.R.E.W. websites are built on the WordPress platform which means it’s not only customizable and easy to grow, but that you own and control your own content. Sure, some agencies provide boxed websites, but if you leave that company, you’re also forced to leave your content and hard work behind. Take control of your web platform by owning a B.R.E.W. we carefully construct for you.