**This post may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. [Affiliate Disclosure]
- What is a Real Estate Blog?
- Why do we Blog for Real estate?
- Where to Blog for Real Estate
- How to Blog for Real Estate
- Using Yoast
- 365 Real Estate Blog Topics
- How To Generate Traffic To Your Blog
- 365 Best Real Estate Blog Topics
- Learn with Lori Ballen
- Using Quora Questions to Find Blog Topic Ideas [Free Tool]
- Watch Me Blog on WordPress
What is a Real Estate Blog?
Lori Ballen Is A Real Estate Agent with a team at Keller Williams Realty serving Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas. Her business is completely driven by web leads and she teaches others how to do the same.
A blog post includes a Title and General Copy (article with paragraphs).
Don’t get caught up in the how, just yet.
Why do we Blog for Real estate?
Where it comes to real estate, We blog to inform more than anything else.
They have a lot of questions.
With a blog, you can be the specialist that answers those questions.
When you dive into a topic completely and give everything you have to informing that user, you prove you are specialists, to that blog reader, and to Google.
There is no doubt that it’s hard to compete with Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia etc. for general “homes for sale” keywords online.
How you can compete, is through blogging.
It’s YOUR sandbox.
First consider hyperlocal content that would appeal to a buyer moving to your area. These are things like information around schools, jobs, transportation, zip codes, cost of living and income, weather and so on.
Where to Blog for Real Estate
Is your goal to rank them on the search engines? Will you drive it all through social media? Are you going to add pay per click to generate traffic?
While you don’t need to be concerned about a “duplicate content penalty”, you simply are allowing for a post on another website to outrank your own if Google decides to do so.
This is fine as long as you have links back to your website to engage that blog reader.
Once you have search engine visibility, you may decide not to use that exact content on multiple websites.
At first, though, you may need it.
How to Blog for Real Estate
- Choose your Topic
- Determine your paragraph topics (These will be H2 Headings)
- Write each paragraph (200-300 words per paragraph possibly.)
- Use Semantically related keywords
- Choose a Video or Graphic for each Paragraph
- Internal link from appropriate keywords on your blog to other pages on your website.
- Include a few outbound links to other sources. Notify the other sources and let them know you wrote about them and encourage them to share.
- Include a call to action. Where do you want this visitor to go next? What do you want them to do? Browse homes, download a guide, get an instant home value?
- Consider including an IDX or home value widget if makes sense.
- SEO your images, video, title tag and meta description
- Markup your structured data with Schema [Advanced]
365 Real Estate Blog Topics
Here are some great local and real estate blog topics to keep you busy all year. Wherever you see X, you would use your city or neighborhood. A few categories you may build under are living in X, best of X, things to do in X.
**Want more ideas? Check out our favorite content planning tool!
- Things to do in X
- The transportation
- Average Temperatures
- Things to do on a date (Valentines Day)
- Best places to see holiday lights (Christmas)
- Free things to Do
- Best Restaurants
- Best places to get Pizza
- Best Happy Hours
- Day Trips (short drives to fun excursions)
- School Supplies List
- School Football Schedules (these make great offers as well)
- Local Haunts
- Spring Egg Hunts (Easter)
- Best Pumpkin Patches (November)
- Best Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Famous People that Live Here
- What you probably never knew about living in X
- Best Local Mechanics
- Home Safety Tips
- What is Escrow
- How to sell a house in 10 days
- When is the best time to sell a house
- Things to do with Kids
- Getting Married in X
- Things to do this weekend
- Cool Things to Do
- Exciting Things to Do
- Things to Do at Home on a Rainy Day in X
- Cheap things to do
- Things to do in Summer
- Things to do with toddlers
- Random things to do (these should be super local and fun. Only things local really know)
- Things to do on your birthday in X (Local specials should be added)
- Things to do with your boyfriend (Yes seriously – 12,100 people a month search this term. See Examples)
- Things to do in the City
- Crazy things to do (Think of skydiving and dangerous activities)
- Things to do at night
- Romantic things to do (Valentines / April make good seasons for this)
- Visiting X (This should be from the standpoint of Tourism)
- Best Places to See Movies
- Best Dog Hotel
- Bathroom Ideas (Popular search terms. Use sites that give you embed permissions for images like Houzz)
- Moving? 10 Things to do before you pack
- Real Estate for Beginners – 5 Things you may not have thought of yet
- De-clutter your life with these 9 steps
- The first time homes buyers comprehensive guide to a mortgage (Think 2000 + words on this one for sure)
- 101 Real Estate Terms you should know when buying and selling a house
- Are your neighbors affecting your home sale?
- Why didn’t my house sell the first time?
- How much is my house really worth?