Blogging is a strategy built around content marketing. In the old days, blogging was a digest somewhat like a Diary.
- What is a real estate Blog?
- Why do we Blog for Real estate?
- Where to Blog for Real Estate
- How to Blog for Real Estate
- 365 Real Estate Blog Topics
- How to Create a Blog out of a Video for Search Engines and Social
- 🙌 Refresh your Blog Content on your Real Estate Agent Website [Video]
- How To Start a Blog | Blog Topics, Keyword Tools, Content, SEO
- How to Create a Blog Post on ActiveRain, The Real Estate Blog Network
- 365 Best Real Estate Blog Topics
What is a real estate Blog?
Lori Ballen Is A Real Estate Agent with a team at Keller Williams Realty serving Las Vegas, Henderson, and North Las Vegas. Her business is completely driven by web leads and she teaches others how to do the same.
A blog post includes a Title and General Copy (article with paragraphs).
It can also include images, video, links, tables, structured data, lists and more. A search engine optimized blog will include heading tags and schema.
Don’t get caught up in the how, just yet.
Why do we Blog for Real estate?
Where it comes to real estate, We blog to inform more than anything else.
Real Estate Articles can be very helpful to someone looking to buy or sell a house.
They have a lot of questions.
With a blog, you can be the specialist that answers those questions.[tweetthis remove_twitter_handles=”true”]Now I’m excited to begin #blogging. Thanks @loriballen_ #blog #realestate #RankLikeABoss[/tweetthis]
When you dive into a topic completely and give everything you have to informing that user, you prove you are specialists, to that blog reader, and to Google.
There is no doubt that it’s hard to compete with Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia etc. for general “homes for sale” keywords online.
How you can compete, is through blogging.
We also blog using a hyperlocal strategy. As a real estate agent, it’s so important that you are showing that you know the area. This is what separates you from Zillow. You live there.
It’s YOUR sandbox.
First consider hyperlocal content that would appeal to a buyer moving to your area. These are things like information around schools, jobs, transportation, zip codes, cost of living and income, weather and so on.
Once those are created, you can get into the fun hyperlocal blog content based around restaurants, entertainment, shopping, local events, and so forth.
Where to Blog for Real Estate
If your real estate agent website has a blog platform built in, start there. Determine what your strategy will be for this blog. Decide early how your blog will generate traffic.
When you first begin with your real estate agent website, you may not have enough trust and authority to gain instant search engine rankings.
This can take time. How long will depend on your content, how often you publish great content, and the authority you create through backlinks?
Based on these facts, it may benefit you to blog on a 3rd party platform such as LinkedIn [Click the link for a step by step video] to get more eyeballs on your blog post.
You can still post the blog on your own website, just include an original article link from the 3rd party blog post to your own.
While you don’t need to be concerned about a “duplicate content penalty”, you simply are allowing for a post on another website to outrank your own if Google decides to do so.
Google will probably rank the 3rd party website over your own because you won’t yet have the trust and authority you need to rank your own website.
This is fine as long as you have links back to your website to engage that blog reader.
Once you have search engine visibility, you may decide not to use that exact content on multiple websites.
At first, though, you may need it.
How to Blog for Real Estate
- Choose your Topic
- Determine your paragraph topics (These will be H2 Headings)
- Write each paragraph (200-300 words per paragraph possibly.)
- Use Semantically related keywords
- Choose a Video or Graphic for each Paragraph
- Internal link from appropriate keywords on your blog to other pages on your website.
- Include a few outbound links to other sources. Notify the other sources and let them know you wrote about them and encourage them to share.
- Include a call to action. Where do you want this visitor to go next? What do you want them to do? Browse homes, download a guide, get an instant home value?
- Consider including an IDX or home value widget if makes sense.
- SEO your images, video, title tag and meta description
- Markup your structured data with Schema [Advanced]
Check out this article from YOAST on how to SEO your blog post.
👓 People who view this page also enjoy our Google SEO Update post.
365 Real Estate Blog Topics
Here are some great local aand realestate blog topics to keep you busy all year. Wherever you see X, you would use your city or neighborhood. A few categories you may build under are living in X, best of X, things to do in X.
**Want more ideas? Check out our favorite content planning tool!
- Things to do in X
- The transportation
- Average Temperatures
- Things to do on a date (Valentines Day)
- Best places to see holiday lights (Christmas)
- Free things to Do
- Best Restaurants
- Best places to get Pizza
- Best Happy Hours
- Day Trips (short drives to fun excursions)
- School Supplies List
- School Football Schedules (these make great offers as well)
- Local Haunts
- Spring Egg Hunts (Easter)
- Best Pumpkin Patches (November)
- Best Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Famous People that Live Here
- What you probably never knew about living in X
- Best Local Mechanics
- Home Safety Tips
- What is Escrow
- How to sell a house in 10 days
- When is the best time to sell a house
- Things to do with Kids
- Getting Married in X
- Things to do this weekend
- Cool Things to Do
- Exciting Things to Do
- Things to Do at Home on a Rainy Day in X
- Cheap things to do
- Things to do in Summer
- Things to do with toddlers
- Random things to do (these should be super local and fun. Only things local really know)
- Things to do on your birthday in X (Local specials should be added)
- Things to do with your boyfriend (Yes seriously – 12,100 people a month search this term. See Examples)
- Things to do in the City
- Crazy things to do (Think of skydiving and dangerous activities)
- Things to do at night
- Romantic things to do (Valentines / April make good seasons for this)
- Visiting X (This should be from the standpoint of Tourism)
- Best Places to See Movies
- Best Dog Hotel
- Bathroom Ideas (Popular search terms. Use sites that give you embed permissions for images like Houzz)
- Moving? 10 Things to do before you pack
- Real Estate for Beginners – 5 Things you may not have thought of yet
- De-clutter your life with these 9 steps
- The first time homes buyers comprehensive guide to mortgage (Think 2000 + words on this one for sure)
- 101 Real Estate Terms you should know when buying and selling a house
- Are your neighbors affecting your home sale?
- Why didn’t my house sell the first time?
- How much is my house really worth?
When you start at ground zero, you need a plan. Ballen Brands can help establish your website with a beginner bundle of content. Your welcome message, about us page, contact page, and more can be created for you with high-quality, attention to detail, and professional appeal. Although we recommend a Ballen Real Estate Website, you need not have a BREW to take advantage of our content services.
Let us help you get started on your journey into content marketing with website fundamentals.
Today, it’s driven more by articles and general thoughts.