Youtube is a great place to tell a story, teach how to do something, offer product reviews, provide Q & A and so much more. You can build a powerful tribe through Youtube and possibly even make money from your youtube channel.
In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know as a beginning Youtuber.
Set Up Your Channel
Before you get
Across devices such as mobile vs. desktop, the art will look different. You’ll want to check it across devices to see that text and images are being cut off.
To Create Channel Art
- On your computer, log in to YouTube.
- Find the top right menu and choose My Channel.
- Select Add Channel Art
- Choose a picture you like and upload it or use the Youtube gallery to select a photo from the library. Recommended size is 2560 x 1440 px and 4MB or smaller.
- Check out the preview across devices
- If you need to, you can adjust the crop
- Choose Select.
You can show a short video to your new visitors and another one to your returning visitors. I like to show a very interesting one to grab their attention on a new visit (now showcasing the 12 ways I make money) and rotate newer videos for
Customizing Your Channel
You can also add playlists, recent activities, and other channel sections. Here’s a link to youtube’s guide on customizing these sections. You can feature what you believe is most valuable to your visitor.
A new feature youtube recently launched is the ability to add hashtags to the title and above the title. In order to not overdo it, we suggest the above the title option.
Simply add the hashtags to the end of any youtube description. You can also edit all of your videos at once and add the hashtags to the description using the actions option.
Video Optimization Tools
I use Tubebuddy to optimize my videos. It comes complete with a checklist that reminds me to add a custom thumbnail, info cards, end screens, captions, description, playlist and more.
Others I’ve talked to also highly suggest vidIQ
More Youtube Tutorials
- Why the Call To Action at the End of your Video should NOT be “to subscribe”
- How To Make Money On Youtube
- Should you Start A Second Youtube Channel?
- How To Make Money With Youtube Superchat
- What’s the Difference Between Weighted and Unweighted Scores in Tubebuddy?
- How To Apply for Youtube Monetization with a New Channel
- YouTube Tutorial | How to Search YouTube
- How To Become A Youtube Partner For A Monetized Channel
- Here’s How To Promote a Youtube Channel
- How Guns, Profanity, and Sensitive Events can Affect your Youtube Monetization
- Youtube For Beginners Guide
- How To Get More Youtube Subscribers in 2019
- How To Delete A Youtube Channel
- How To Get 4000 Hours of Watch Time On Your Youtube Channel
- How to Create a YouTube Channel