Creating a youtube channel trailer video is one of the most important things to engage and excite your audience about your new channel. A well-done trailer can make or break a new channel, so put a lot of thought into it. This blog post will give you tips on creating an awesome trailer that will get your viewers excited about your content. Stay tuned!
What is a Youtube channel Trailer Video?
A Youtube channel trailer video is a way to introduce your YouTube channel to new viewers. It’s a short, punchy video that showcases your channel’s personality and content. Think of it as a commercial for your channel – it should be attention-grabbing and make people want to hit the subscribe button.
Your trailer video will be the first thing people see when they visit your channel, so make sure it’s high quality and gives a good overview of your channel. You can also create a second, longer trailer video specifically for subscribers.
This is a great way to give existing subscribers a deeper look into your channel and what they can expect from your content. Remember that trailer videos are just one piece of the puzzle – to grow your channel, you need to create engaging, original content that people will want to watch.
There are two separate channel trailers. One is for new visitors, and the other is for returning subscribers.
Others have read: How to start a True Crime Youtube Channel
Creating a Youtube Channel Trailer Video for New Visitors:
When creating a youtube channel trailer video for new visitors, keep it short – around 30 seconds is ideal. This is just enough time to introduce your channel and give viewers a taste of what you offer without being too long or tedious.
Your trailer should start with an attention-grabbing opening, such as a provocative question, an interesting statistic, or a funny joke. Then, give a quick overview of your channel and what viewers can expect to see.
Finally, end with a call to action, telling viewers exactly what you want them to do – subscribe to your channel.
Also Popular: How much do Youtubers Make
Creating a Youtube Channel Trailer Video for Returning Subscribers:
You can create a second, more extended trailer specifically for them if you already have subscribers. This is a great way to give existing subscribers a deeper look into your channel and what they can expect from your content.
When creating a Youtube channel trailer video for returning subscribers, aim for around 1-2 minutes. This gives you enough time to include more information about your channel and some of your best footage.
You can also select from existing videos to include in your trailer. Just make sure they’re high quality and representative of the type of content your viewers can expect to see on your channel.
Once you have your footage selected, start by introducing yourself and thanking viewers for subscribing. Then, give a quick overview of what viewers can expect from your channel.
Finally, end with a call to action, such as asking viewers to leave a comment or share your trailer with their friends.
You can find the location to upload Youtube channel trailers by clicking my channel and then ‘customize’.
Uploading your trailer to Youtube
After you’ve created your trailer, it’s time to upload it to YouTube. Here’s how:
1.Log into YouTube and click on the upload arrow in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Select “Upload video” from the drop-down menu.
3. Click “Select files to upload” and select your trailer video file from your computer.
4. Once your video has finished uploading, add a title, description, and tags.
5. You can also choose to make your trailer unlisted or private if you don’t want it to be publically viewable.
6. When you’re finished, click “Publish” to make your trailer live on your channel.
And that’s it! You now have a YouTube channel trailer that will help introduce your channel to new viewers and give existing subscribers a
Your channel trailer will now be live for all viewers to see! Remember, you can always go back and edit your trailer by following the steps above.
We hope these tips help you create an engaging and exciting channel trailer video.
How to Make a Youtube Channel Video Trailer
Now that you know the basics of creating a youtube channel trailer, here are a few tips to make sure yours is incredible:
1. Start with a bang: open with an attention-grabbing scene that will make viewers want to keep watching.
2. Keep it short and sweet: around 1-2 minutes is the perfect length for a channel trailer.
3. Include a call to action: tell viewers what you want them to do, such as subscribe to your channel or watch your videos.
4. Use high-quality footage: select only your best videos to include in your trailer.
5. Edit carefully: remove any filler content or dead space so that your trailer is tight and engaging.
By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to creating an awesome channel trailer that will help attract new viewers and keep existing subscribers engaged. Thanks for reading!
What if my Youtube Channel Trailer is Not Showing?
If your Youtube channel trailer is not showing up, there are some possible explanations.
1. Your channel might not be eligible: to add a channel trailer, your channel must have at least 100 subscribers.
2. You might not have created a trailer yet: if you haven’t made a trailer for your channel, one won’t be displayed.
3. Your trailer might be set to private or unlisted: if you’ve made your trailer private or unlisted, only people with the link will be able to view it.
4. There might be an issue with Youtube: your trailer might not be visible if Youtube is experiencing technical difficulties.
If you’re still having trouble, try contacting Youtube support for further assistance.
When Will My Youtube Channel Trailer Video Be Live?
Once you upload your trailer to Youtube, it will be live and viewable by everyone immediately.
Can I Change My Youtube Trailer After It’s Been Uploaded?
Yes. Click on My Channel, then customize. From here, you can select any video in your library.
Do I Need to Have a Youtube Channel Before I Can Create a Trailer?
Yes, to create a channel trailer, you must first have a Youtube channel.
How Long Should My Youtube Channel Trailer Be?
Your trailer can be any length you want, but we recommend keeping it around 1-2 minutes.
Lori Ballen is a real estate agent in Las Vegas. She’s a digital marketing specialist, speaker, and marketing coach and loves to share her “Ballen Method” to generate website traffic and leads online. Lori’s specialties are SEO content writing (ranking on the search engines), social media strategies, and affiliate marketing. Need a website? Contact Lori’s brothers Jeff and Paul Helvin at Ballen Brands.