In today’s world, fast and accessible is in high demand. We want everything at our fingertips, and we want it now. Gone are the days of the floppy disk, rewritable CDs, and thumb drives. Sharing documents on-line is a great way to have important documents at our fingertips. With new technologies, richer media sets and better toolboxes, document sharing gives you secure access to documents, anytime from anywhere.
Here are some of the best file sharing websites based on price and accessibility:
1. Issuu – Issuu gives you the capability of uploading and distributing content worldwide in a matter of minutes. More than 20,000 published works filter through Issuu, making your content instantly available to readers around the world, on any device. If you want to get Premium access, Issuu provides analytics, social tools, and customized features to reach a broader audience. Plans range from FREE (basic) to $269.00. They offer a Free 14-day trial.
2. Dropbox – Dropbox saves files on your computer but gives your access to them on your phone. Dropbox syncs to all of your devices automatically, allowing your files to be available on a computer even when you’re offline. Dropbox is accessible anytime, anywhere. From photos, videos, music, and Adobe files, Dropbox allows you to send a link to a friend and they can view your content, even if they don’t have Dropbox. When you edit a file or document, everyone gets the update which makes collaboration with teammates quick and easy. Get started with 1 TB (1024 GB) for as low as $8.25 per month.
3. Mediafire – As seen in c|net, Mediafire includes powerful features not found on other document sharing websites. With unlimited and multiple downloads and no wait time, you can share via email, direct links or social network. Store and share any file type and those email files you thought were too large. For sensitive documents, you can control your downloads with 100 per day, FREE One-Time Link so that whoever you send the files to, can’t share with anyone else. Manage your files anytime from anywhere with 10 GB of FREE storage. Earn 50 GB of FREE storage with bonuses.
4. 4shared – 4shared offers high-quality hosting and shared services to download music, video, photos, documents and other types of files. Data storage and easy access are available to users everywhere. Only registered users can access 4shared and you must be logged in your account in order to download or share files. 4shared allows customized profile page design and description, as well as social features so that you can exchange private messages, post comments to other users and stream media files. FREE storage space is limited to 15 GB per account.
5. Google Drive – Google Drive is FREE online storage that allows you to store photos, videos, presentations, recordings and much more. With 15GB of FREE storage, Google Drive allows you to access files from your smartphone, tablet or desktop. Simply invite others to view, download and interact with your shared docs without having to access your email. Get started with Drive for FREE.
6. OneDrive – OneDrive has unique features that allow you to co-author documents, create tags and albums based on the type of file. Real-time notifications let you know when a document has been edited. OneDrive is great for students and teachers who want their files available to more than one user. OneDrive is Windows based so your documents and photos save automatically. You can edit, highlight and draw on PDF files with your iOS device. OneDrive offers a basic plan that gives you 5 GB for FREE or 50 GB of storage for $1.99 per month. Office 365 offers premium features which can be used on up to 5 PCs or 5 Macs, 5 tablets and 5 phones for only $9.99 per month.
7. iCloud – For you Apple users, iCloud let you share photos, calendars, and your locations with family members. If you lose your device, iCloud helps you find it. Even if you don’t have an iOS device or MAC, iCloud allows you to create and share documents and notes using MAC or Windows. iCloud will help you keep your photos up to date, securely store your files, share music, books, and apps with up to six family members. iCloud is a great way to backup and restore your iOS device. With iCloud, you get 5 GB of FREE storage.