Sponsored blog posts are a great way for bloggers, and influencers to make some extra money. But before you agree to do one, there are a few things you need to know. In this post, I’ll outline what sponsored blog posts are, and how to make money writing them. I’ll also give you some tips on finding sponsorships that are a good fit for your blog. So read on if you’re interested in learning more about sponsored blog posts!
What are Sponsored Blog Posts?
A sponsored blog post is when a blogger gets paid to talk about a product or brand on their blog. This could be in the form of a dedicated post or even a mention in an existing post. The brand pays the blogger to write the post, and in turn, the blogger gets to share their thoughts on a product or service they like with their readers. There is a link, banner, or mention of some kind in the article.
How Much Can You Make for a Sponsored Blog Post?
During a 2021 study of Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States influencers, it was discovered that a blogger with a Domain Authority score of over 50 would get paid around $549 US dollars per piece on average. Influencers with a Trust Flow rating of more than 20 received an income of $330 U.S. dollars per post.
(According to Majestic, Trust Flow measures the quality of links to a website (or URL.))
But, of course, the amount you can make for a sponsored blog post will vary depending on your blog’s reach and authority.
How to Get Sponsorships
Now that you know what a sponsored blog post is, and how much money you can make from them, it’s time to learn how to get sponsorships. Here are a few tips:
(1) Research brands that would be a good fit for your blog: Do some research on brands that you think would be a good fit for your blog, and reach out to them. You can find a list of brands’ contact information on their website or social media pages.
Not every brand will be a good fit for your blog. When reaching out to brands, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
-Is this a brand I would actually use?
-Do their values align with my own?
-Is this a brand I would be proud to partner with?
(2) Create a media kit: A media kit is a document that outlines your blog’s stats (e.g. traffic, social media followers, etc.), as well as your rates for sponsored blog posts and other services you offer.
A media kit is a document that outlines your blog’s reach and audience demographics. It can also include statistics on your blog’s traffic, social media following, and email subscribers. This will help brands understand your blog’s reach and potential for marketing partnerships.
When creating a media kit, be sure to include the following information:
-Your blog’s name and URL
-A brief description of your blog
-How long you’ve been blogging
-The type of content you post
-Stats on your blog’s traffic, social media following, and email subscribers
-Rates for sponsored blog posts, collaborations, and other services
-Your social media handles
Submit your media kit to brands: Once you’ve created a media kit, you can start submitting it to brands. You can either send it as an attachment via email or post it on your blog’s website.
Many brands will request a media kit before considering a sponsorship. So be sure to have one ready to send!
(3) Be clear about your rates: When you’re contacting a brand about doing a sponsored blog post, be clear about what your rates are. Don’t be afraid to ask for more money than you think you’re worth- remember, you’re an expert on this topic! If you are a member of affiliate networks, you’ll often be approached to write a paid article.
Unfortunately, these types of sponsored posts pay considerably less. You’ll often see offers of $25-$50 for a sponsored post on affiliate networks like ShareASale.
In a recent study performed by Intellifluence, they found that a beginning blogger with a domain authority of 1-10 (which is very low) earns an average of $204.18 for a sponsored post.
Don’t be afraid to ask for more money or better terms if you feel like you’re not getting a good deal. Remember, you’re an expert on this topic, and you deserve to be compensated accordingly.
(4) Perform sponsored blog outreach: When reaching brands for sponsored blog posts, be sure to:
-Clearly state what you can offer them, including the number of posts you can do, the reach of your blog, and any other pertinent information
-Make sure your blog is typo-free and well-written, with high-quality images
-Include links to previous sponsored blog posts you’ve written, if applicable
-Be professional and courteous in all your communications
(5) Create high-quality content. Once a deal is agreed upon, make sure to deliver high-quality content that is true to your brand. This will ensure that both you and your sponsor are happy with the arrangement.
Sponsored blog posts are a great way for bloggers to make extra money. By understanding what they are, and how to get sponsorships, you can start generating revenue from your blog today.
Leave a Reply