We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Lori Ballen is a member of the Amazon Associates Program
Making your blog more attractive to users is essential if you want to be seen as an expert in your field. One way that can help do this is by adding related posts to the end of each Post.
These are links that go back to other relevant posts on your site, and they make it easy for readers who enjoyed what they just read to find even more exciting information about the same topic.
They also provide an excellent opportunity for bloggers with multiple topics or interests to expand their content offerings without creating additional blogs or websites.
Read on to discover how you can add related posts to your WordPress Blog.
With Yoast, you can add related posts to a blog post in the post edit area. Rather than cards with images, Yoast offers related links.
The plugin has some built-in features that recommend popular posts on your site or the best topics that you can use according to your needs.
This premium feature allows you to use the WordPress Blocks feature to add the related links anywhere on the blog post or page.
While this is a nice feature, it’s not perfect and doesn’t offer much customization. Often, the related posts are not all that related and certainly not from the same category.
Instead, it’s pulling in the same suggestions from the internal links in the right column.
The sibling’s block from Gutenberg does a better job adding related pages under the same parent page but seems to only work with pages at this time rather than posts and categories.
Below, you can see the related links that Yoast suggested for this blog and exactly how they are displayed. Let’s take a look at their suggestions.
- How to Design a Blog Page in WordPress: It’s related. The suggested blog is also in the same category.
- 8 Ways to Determine if a Blog Topic is Rank Worthy: While blogging is a related topic, it’s not in the same category. It also has more a focus on SEO than blogging, so I would have much more relative content than this suggestions.
- Build a Target Audience: Not in the same category. Not really related to this blog. Better for marketing specific blogs, or discussion on niches.
- Gutenberg Goodies: Nicely related, and in the same category
- In no way related to this blog