Do you love sharing all things outdoors on your site? Do you enjoy earning money as well? Drive traffic from your blog to REI.com or REI Outlet through the REI affiliate program. When a customer you refer makes a purchase, you earn money.
Since 1938, REI has offered high-quality outdoor gear and apparel, rental equipment, and in-depth advice. The outdoor co-op is passionate about sharing its love for nature and the outdoors with everyone, from beginner campers to expert snow-skiers.
REI Outlet offers discounts of 20 to 70 percent on brand-name closeout and overstocks.
How Does the REI Affiliate Program Work?
REI’s affiliate program offers the following:
- Commission Rate: 5%
- Cookie: 15 days
Benefits of Becoming an REI Affiliate
There are many benefits of becoming an REI affiliate. Check it out:
- REI has been around since 1938, so it’s well-established.
- According to data, REI.com ranks as the internet’s largest outdoor store.
- REI boasts a loyal customer base of five million avid outdoor enthusiasts.
- There’s potential for a high conversion rate.
REI’s average order value is $120, which is good news for affiliates looking to make money on sales. Also, REI has plenty of other perks.
- With free shipping to an REI Store – pickup is quick and easy.
- Orders $50 or more receive free shipping.
- REI stands being its guarantee of 100% satisfaction. Customers can return their online purchases cat any of REI’s 144 locations.
Downsides of Becoming an REI Affiliate
Overall, REI’s affiliate program is a solid choice for those looking to earn money through their website.
The biggest downside is that while a 5% commission is good, it’s not great.
How Do I Become an REI Affiliate?
REI’s affiliate program works through its partner, AvantLink. To become an affiliate, take the following steps:
- First, apply on AvantLink.
- You will need to fill out and submit the application for the REI program.
- Upon approval, you will be able to post REI.com and REI Outlet links on your site. You can choose one or both of them.
- Your visitors head to REI via the links you share, and any sale made means you get paid.
AvantLink’s interfaces allow you to track all of those clicks and commissions, so you know exactly what’s going on and what to expect regarding your earnings.
While REI’s commission rate of 5% isn’t great, everything else about the program makes up for it.
REI is well-established and loved by many outdoor enthusiasts. The co-op offers a satisfactory cookie and potential for high conversion.
REI’s affiliate program is well worth checking out for anyone with a website focused on the world of outdoor adventures and activities.
Lori Ballen is a real estate agent in Las Vegas. She’s a digital marketing specialist, speaker, and marketing coach and loves to share her “Ballen Method” to generate website traffic and leads online. Lori’s specialties are SEO content writing (ranking on the search engines), social media strategies, and affiliate marketing. Need a website? Contact Lori’s brothers Jeff and Paul Helvin at Ballen Brands.