Once, I found a penny. I thought to myself, “What can I do with this penny?” I quickly brainstormed a list of 35 things, and here they are!
1. Save it. Pennies add up, so saving them can help you make a little extra money in the long run.
2. Use it to buy something small that you need. Whether it’s a pack of gum or a newspaper, using your penny can help you save money.
3. Donate it to a charity. Many charities would be happy to receive your penny, and it can help them do some good in the world.
4. Use it to play games. Pennies can be used in a variety of games, like marbles or Tiddlywinks.
5. Invest it in something fun. If you have a penny, you can use it to buy some interesting trinket or toy.
6. Send it in the mail. If there’s someone you want to send a little something to, a penny can be just the thing.
7. Use it to decorate your room. Pennies can be glued to a picture frame or used to make a mosaic.
8. Put it in a jar. If you don’t have anything else to do with your penny, you can always put it in a jar.
9. Use it as a bookmark. If you’re reading a book and you lose your place, using a penny as a bookmark can help you get back on track.
10. Stick it to a magnet. If you have a magnet, you can stick your penny to it.
11. Make a wish. If you flip a penny and it lands on heads, make a wish.
12. Use it to learn about money. Pennies are small pieces of currency, so they can be used to help kids learn about money.
13. Write a message on it. If you’re feeling creative, you can write a message on your penny.
14. Paint it. You can paint your penny any color you want.
15. Hang it from a string. You can also hang your penny from a string to make a mobile.
16. Make a penny necklace. If you have a lot of pennies, you can make a penny necklace.
17. Use it as a paperweight. If you’re doing some paperwork, using a penny as a paperweight can help keep everything in place.
18. Glue it to a piece of wood. You can also glue your penny to a piece of wood to make a penny stamp.
19. Use it to play games on the computer. There are many games that can be played with pennies, like Pac-Man or Tetris.
20. Give it to a friend. If you have a friend who’s looking for change, giving them your penny can help them out.
21. Use it as a doorstop. If you need to keep a door open, using a penny as a doorstop can do the trick.
22. Make a penny bank. You can use your penny to make a bank that will help you save money.
23. Draw on it with a Sharpie.
24. Stick it to a corkboard.
25. Put it in a picture frame.
26. Make a penny bracelet.
27. Make a penny necklace. 29. Laminate it. If you want to keep your penny safe, you can laminate it.
30. Use it as a paperweight. If you’re doing some paperwork, using a penny as a paperweight can help keep everything in place.
31. Make a penny car. A penny car could be made with a cardboard box, some stickers, and some paint.
34. Make a penny boat. You can make a penny boat by folding a piece of paper in half and gluing your penny to the middle.
35. Make a penny tower. You can make a penny tower by stacking pennies on top of each other.
I found a penny on the ground and I was so excited! I couldn’t believe my luck. I had always been told that finding a penny meant good luck, so I decided to put it to the test.
Sayings about Pennies
“Find a penny, pick it up. All-day long you’ll have good luck.”
“Pennies from heaven.”
“A penny saved is a penny earned.”
“Save your pennies, and the dollars will take care of themselves.”
“Money doesn’t grow on trees.”
“It’s better to have a little and not need it, than to need a lot and not have it.”
“A penny for your thoughts.”
“Who can afford to be without a penny these days?”
“Pennies make dollars.”
“Penny wise, pound foolish.”