What once was simply a place for users to ask questions and generate answers is now a channel for bloggers to write and get paid. Quora has launched a paid writing program, similar to Medium. Quora Spaces is a way to blog and get paid.
What Is Quora?
Quora is a social question-and-answer website. It was launched on June 25, 2009, and became publicly available on June 21, 2010, after being privately beta-tested since April 2009. Users can collaborate by posting questions and answering them. Adam D’Angelo and Charlie Cheever founded it.
Is Writing For Quora A Good Idea?
It has been estimated that between 3,000 and 5,000 questions are asked every day on Quora. (financialwolves.com)
This new Quora+ feature isn’t meant for beginners just looking to publish articles online. Instead, it’s designed for experienced writers who want an easy way to make money from their skills.
If you’re the kind of writer that wants a steady paycheck every week or two instead of having to work your ass off in hopes of one day getting featured, this is probably not the site for you. But if you like writing but are ready to move beyond your blog into a more lucrative territory, then Quora may be worth checking out.
What is Quora+?
A Quora Space isn’t meant for beginners just looking to publish articles online. Instead, it’s designed for experienced writers who want an easy way to make money from their skills.
“Fun fact: Quora has an audience of 300 million unique monthly users. This puts Quora up there with other social networks like Twitter (335 million monthly active users), Reddit (330 million monthly active users), and Pinterest (250 million monthly active users.)”-ahrefs.com
Quora vs Medium
The new Quora Writing Program (Quora Spaces) will allow authors to make up to 25% of their monthly income from this effort.
Authors are compensated through an algorithm-based system that receives payment according to how much attention their posts attract.
For example, if someone reads one article about them, it would be worth less than if ten people read the same piece.
Therefore, you can earn no fixed amount each month; instead, your earning potential depends entirely on what other members choose to click.
If everyone clicks away from your content, then you’ll probably never see any money at all. But if lots of people find value in your work, you might start making some decent cash.
If Quora is 10x the size of Medium, and even the most successful writers on Medium barely earn $10,000/month, It’s reasonable to assume there will be a handful of writers on Quora who (again, IN THEORY) reach $100,000 per month (or more) in earnings. – ship30for30.com
How To Write and Get Paid on Quora
There are two ways to make money on Quora. The first is to gain interactions from subscribers on Quora +. The other is to gain subscribers to Quora from the content you have published on Quora Spaces.
In September of 2021, the new subscription program for users of the site, Quora+, was launched, giving creators access to more content and giving them the ability to get a premium ad-free version of the site. Subscribers can start with a 30-day free trial and pay $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
Revenue from subscriptions is shared between creators. When creators enroll in the Quora+ earnings program, they can receive a share of the subscription fee based on how much engagement they have with their content.
If you accumulate enough money in your account, you’ll be paid out the total amount in a monthly cycle. If you don’t reach this threshold, the balance will roll over and continue accumulating until the following month when it comes to $10. If you don’t make any payments, the balance will continue to grow until $10.
At that time, the full balance will then be paid out to you, regardless of how much you’ve earned.
How Much Can I Earn On Quora +?
You’ll earn money based on the Quora + subscriber numbers that follow your profile and Space, their engagement, and total people subscribing to a Quora+ membership from a link within your created content.
Sometimes creators see a slow start to their earnings or even nothing at all while they’re getting started. All creators begin here.
The total payouts will grow as subscribers do; that’s the most important thing to consider.
More creators will make more money as the pool of subscriber revenue grows. As the program develops, the creator’s earnings can be influenced by various factors.
“There is no limit to the money you can make from the Quora partner program. That’s the first question in their FAQ, and it’s plainly stated. As long as you can ask questions that meet their minimum standards and get answers that meet their quality bar, you’ll get paid.” – growtraffic.com
Who Can Get Monetized?
Anyone can create a Quora Space and enable monetizing programs for their Space. Users may also be able to monetize the content they author outside of a Space.
However, there is no guarantee that any user will be able to monetize their content.
You do not need to be a paying subscriber of Quora+ to receive compensation.
Not All Topics Qualify
Topics that do not qualify for monetization include adult content, illegal gambling, sale of weapons, including firearms and ammunition, explosives, 3D printing files that could be used to make any of those items, sale of drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, counterfeit goods, promoting malware/hacking, fraudulent services, including “get rich quick” schemes or weight loss programs promising unrealistic results.
Quora Spaces are organized by the Space contributors, which is different from the rest of Quora, where the questions and answers are organized by topic.
Instead of being assigned relevant topics, Spaces have a point of view. They can be a place to ask experts, exchange knowledge, or build a community.
So there is a clear point of view.
It’s crucial to gain engagement in a Quora Space to earn part of the revenue share. While several types of users work in a space, it’s the owner who determines which content is gated and which is public.
The admins in the Space make 95% of the earnings minus the credit card fees.
In addition, owners of Spaces may earn revenue share by gaining subscribers to Quora+ through their content.
People can make and share content around shared interests with the new Spaces feature.
There are many ways in which we can use Quora Spaces.
- People can help find the most interesting answers and links in a specific area of interest (Think group boards on Pinterest).
- A person can use Spaces to organize their writing.
- People can create a Quora space in which they can have conversations with each other.
Different types of users are available in each Space. These are people who own, manage and contribute.
Quora Spaces can be publications, similar to Medium, with admins, moderators, contributors, and owners all working in the same space.
Success with Quora Spaces
1. Create a Theme: A theme helps you understand what your audience wants to read about. You should start with one main idea, such as health, business, technology, parenting, etc., then select sub-themes within this broad category.
When searching for themes, look at how often keywords appear throughout an article. If you see it too many times, try another keyword combination.
Then narrow down your search until you reach a good balance between having enough posts but still being relevant.
2. Find Your Audience: Once you’ve identified your niche, think about who might want to join the conversation.
For instance, if you’re interested in starting a tech blog, don’t just write something off the wall; target companies in your industry that would benefit from someone like you sharing information. Or consider creating a Quora space dedicated to helping parents raise kids.
People looking to buy a house are likely to pay attention when real estate professionals weigh in on issues related to homeownership. Think about whom you’d like to interact with and why.
3. Build Relationships: Each Quora space has its own “friendship level,” reflecting how much interaction occurs among members. This relationship influences whether you’ll earn more than others. To increase friendships, post comments, answer questions, leave feedback, and take part in discussions.
4. Know How to Manage Content Quality: Make sure your content meets standard requirements before posting. Don’t spam or promote yourself. Also, avoid plagiarism.
5. Understand What Makes Money: Admins determine whether a particular piece of content earns money. Then, they decide how much will go into the pot and how it will be divided up.
6. Be Active & Engaged: In general, the higher your activity level, the better chance you have of earning more. However, this doesn’t mean you need to respond to every comment or question posted in your Quora space.
Instead, try to be responsive during peak hours. Most importantly, maintain high levels of quality while maintaining a friendly tone. That way, everyone wins!
Premium subscriptions allow users to get exclusive content and support writers and curators on the site. There are two subscription options, one called Space and the other called Quora+.
The Quora+ program grants access to paid content from any Quora Space or writer participating in the program. A Quora Space subscription gives access to paid content in a Space offered and managed directly by that Space.
Quora Spaces are different than the Partner Program that pays to be a question asker.
Quora Partner Program
You can make money by asking questions that people want to be answered and asking qualified writers to answer questions on Quora.
The more valuable the questions that get asked on the site, the higher the quality of written answers and the more helpful it becomes.
When you add a question to Quora Spaces, it’s often a question others have too. So the more people there are who want answers to questions you add —and the better the answers to these questions — the more you’ll earn.
Tips For Earning on Quora
- Create compelling value for both visitors and community participants
- Choose an appropriate audience. If you choose poorly, you may not reach what you were hoping for.
- Determine if the topic you’re interested in resonates with potential viewers.
- Generate traffic to your Quora Space through social media channels.
- Post regularly at various times throughout the day helps ensure that your content gets seen.
- Write posts that appeal to different types of audiences. For example, write posts that resonate with those seeking information and write posts that speak to those wanting entertainment.
- Consider using SEO tools such as SEMRush to help generate organic search engine optimization results. These tools show where customers come from and where they spend their time online. By knowing where your target market spends most of its time, you can create valuable content that appeals to them.
- Use analytics and marketing metrics to measure success. Analyze results over long periods so you know trends and patterns.