A question similar to this popped up recently on a social network I’m part of. It’s a good one. The right question really isn’t is how do I stand out among so many real estate agents? It should be “How do I offer more value” than so many other real estate agents doing real estate marketing.
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
The Local Expert
I think it’s important to find a way to reach your target demographic as an expert. This means being the expert, knowing who and where your customer is and then providing value through your
I think buyers and sellers want an expert. They want someone that knows THEIR house, THEIR neighborhood, THEIR situation.
One way to do this is by building a strong Youtube channel where you answer frequently asked buyer and seller questions. Drip in hyperlocal information about neighborhoods, dog parks, new construction, home values.
When someone googles your area real estate market report, they should find you.
Convert your videos over to a blog and add those to your website.
The more LOCAL you are, the more you will stand out as someone that “KNOWS” their needs.
Youtube for Real Estate Agents
There is a massive opportunity for real estate agents on Youtube. If you were to commit, and take massive action, you’d have the opportunity to dominate your market on this channel. Even if there is competition, the barrier of entry for real estate agents is generally pretty low.
My friend Karin Carr has a Youtube Course you can take: https://youtube-for-agents.thinkific.com/?ref=91d3ee
Start by deciding how often you will make a video. I’ve done it daily, weekly, or several times a month depending on the channel. The more, the better when you are building it.
Here’s some ideas on what to make:
- Q & A – It’s easy to find the questions your customers ask!
- Create a series around your vendor partners: Example, ask your home inspector to be on camera showing what’s important about a home inspection, make one 10 minute video around each item (such as foundation, roof, plumbing etc)
- Interview your lender once each month on current interest rates, loan programs, how to get the best rates or low down payments etc.
- Interview your sellers when you take a listing and have them tell a story of why they loved that house and hate to leave it
- Get permission from your buyers to follow them around for a day on a tour talking about the home buying process. Document the process for a seller with their permission.
- Do a video or series around local dog parks. Did you know this is a top reason millennials choose a particular house?
- Create a series on selling a house for top dollar and in less time
- Create a series called “why didn’t that home sell” and feature listings that didn’t sell and talk about why (I’d avoid address and pics LOL)
- Get customer testimonials on video
- Jump on camera in one of your listings and talk about anything that
berelative to a buyer or seller at that time
- During Christmas, do a tour of the best houses to see Christmas Lights. Include a link where they can download your list in a map form to go from one to the next
- Feature local businesses
- Do a “best of” series such as “Best Sushi places”, “Best piano bars”, “Best Schools”
- Do a series on the weather. Take one year and each month do a quick video on the weather for that month. Weather is a popular item that is searched on Google frequently and is a great way to attract out of towners.
- Do a monthly real estate market report and besides providing the data, tell the consumer what that means to be a buyer or seller in that market
- Feature your own listings on video
- Do a problem-solving series where you talk SPECIFICALLY about a real estate challenge and how you solved (or are solving it), it can be a journey. (Avoid names and addresses and keep the proper confidentiality)
- Make a “things to do in X” video series
- Do a “Living in” series and cover things like cost of living, jobs and average income, transportation, how locals refer to things, top local secrets only the locals know, weird roads someone should know about, areas of town etc.
- Make Videos around team meetings, celebrations, broker events, conventions etc. showing how invested you are in your craft
- Use a video creator to turn your blog post into
When you get the point of uploading, check out my steps on how to optimize a video on Youtube.
You Might Also Like
- How Do I Stand Out Among So Many Other Real Estate agents?
- How To Manually Enter a KW Referral into My Referrals
- 10 Tips to Making the Most of your Keller Williams Family Reunion
- Best Call to Action Examples for Real Estate Agents
- Can We Download KW Referrals to a Spreadsheet?