In this guide created by Lori Ballen from Las Vegas, You’ll learn how to set up your KW Command Keller Williams Website and how to build pages. We will start with the Kelle Guide, cover KW logos, image sizing and cropping, adding custom pages and more. Enjoy! If you want someone to build out your KW agent site, talk to Jeff and Paul Helvin at Ballen Brands, a KW Command friendly marketing company. 702-917-0755.
Using the Kelle Guide, we will follow the walkthrough to set up the foundation of the agent site. This will include choosing a subdomain, theme and styling, and page creation.
Let’s get started.
You’ll notice a pop-up box informing you of the requirements All Agent Sites must meet. Keller Williams specifically states that they are not responsible for verifying your local compliance. It’s 100% up to you to add what’s needed.
- Inclusion of market center/brokerage DBA logo
- Inclusion of ownership statement (can be placed in the website footer)
- Compliance with all local board real estate board commission laws and regulations
Be sure to follow your own local requirements as they will differ from board to board.
Set up your Subdomain
When you first launch your Kelle Guide, after compliance, you’ll be able to set up your subdomain. This is the domain address of your website. Note that there is no www in front of the domain name.
Tip from Lori: Never use this subdomain in your marketing efforts. Keller Williams clearly states that if you leave Keller Williams, the subdomain goes back to KW and can rotate to another agent. Instead, set up your domain on a website such as GoDaddy and forward it to the subdomain. That way, if you ever do leave KW, you take the domain you registered and point it at your new website. No marketing materials will ever need to be changed.
Potentially, there is already a subdomain listed by default when you land on this page. It is probably your name or a variation of your name. You can select it or add a new website.
- 30 maximum character length
- No spaces
- No special characters
- If you change your subdomain, the previous subdomain is released and can be claimed by other agents
GoDaddy Domain Forward
When you forward your domain from GoDaddy, make sure to choose the https:// option in front of the subdomain.
I do not suggest masking the domain if you intend to use the landing pages for marketing where you will need the correct URLs.
Connection Not Private Warning
- Be Sure your forward is https:// and http://
- Be sure the CNAME shows the @ symbol and 22.214.171.124. In your domain management, look for the manage DNS link to change or call Godaddy to change the Cname. [Instructions on changing the CNAME]
Here, you’ll use your KW command marketing profile along with disclaimer links, footer disclaimer, logos and so forth.
You’ll see Lori Ballen REALTOR® from Las Vegas as an example of what to fill in these fields. Keep in mind that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- First Name: Lori
- Last Name: Ballen
- Market Center Brokerage: Las Vegas Summerlin
- Your Market Center / Brokerage Address Line 1: 9420 W. Sahara Ste. 100
- Your Market Center / Brokerage Address Line 2: Las Vegas, NV 89117-8800
- Team or Business Name: Lori Ballen Team Las Vegas
- Your Professional Job Title: REALTOR® (on a mac, you can use option R to create the trademark symbol)
- Your Email: email@example.com
- Your Office Number (excluding spaces or special characters): 7022122222
- Your Mobile Number (excluding spaces or special characters): 702-604-7739
- Your Biography: Lori Ballen specializes in Las Vegas Residential Real Estate. Along with her team, she services Henderson and North Las Vegas. Lori got into real estate in 2007 after selling her long-standing event planning company. In 2010, she joined Keller Williams as she felt that their culture aligned with her values. Keller Williams is consumer-centric as well as focused on helping its agents grow personally and professionally. Lori quickly built her real estate team and rose to the top ranks of Las Vegas Real Estate Agents due to her digital marketing strategies and strong referral-based business. Lori, who has lived in Vegas since the mid-’70s, resides in the Summerlin Master-Planned Community. She has agents that work in Henderson, and North Las Vegas providing residential real estate services to the Greater Las Vegas Area.
- Agent License Number: S.0075212.LLC
- Compliance Legal Footer: Lori Ballen is licensed with Keller Williams Realty Las Vegas Summerlin, Market Center #605 at 9420 W. Sahara #105, Las Vegas, NV 89117. License #S.0075212.LLC. (Keller Williams adds this disclosure under yours:
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is a real estate franchise company. Each Keller Williams office is independently owned and operated. Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the Fair Housing Act.Copyright© Keller Williams Realty, Inc.Last revised: 12/09/19
- Your Market Center / Brokerage License Number: (Not A Required Field, Check Your Local Rules)
- Your Market Center / Brokerage Office Phone Number: (Not A Required Field, Check Your Local Rules)
- Compliance/Legal Footer Link 1
- Profile Picture (recommended size 360×360): Video on How to Resize an Image, Video on how to remove the background of an image.
- Market Center / Brokerage Logo (recommended size 360×360): This needs to be the correct KW logo for your market center. This is the DBA logo. Get Yours Here and then resize for the website.
- Team/Header Logo (recommended size 360×360): This is not required. This can be any business logo that you use.
- Enter your Social Media Links in the Appropriate Fields and click Save And Continue.
Style and Theme
Right now you can only choose from Red or Dark color themes. Based on talks given by the tech team at KW, the goal is to keep the agent sites similar to provide a seamless experience for a user visiting the KW.com website.
Home Page Text
This is essentially the call to action that appears above the search bar. In Lori Ballen’s example: Shop Las Vegas Real estate is in the field.
Upload a Homepage Hero Image
While we don’t have a lot of personalization options, we can customize a bit with photos. The Hero Image is the large photo that appears on our home page that holds our call to action and search bar. I like to use Canva for this. Click ‘create a design’ and choose 1200 x 1200. That being said, the way it stretches out the box, it’s not a perfect match. Personally, I have found 2400 x 1200 to be a better banner size for this.
You can choose 1-5 images that will rotate as the home page is open. You don’t need to choose 5, that’s simply an option.
- These images will display randomly in the background as clients visit your page.
- Images supported: jpg and png
- Recommended size: 1200 x 1200
- You can upload up to 5 images
In the Kelle Guide, you’ll set up your about page. Once your Kelle Guide is complete, you’ll be able to add custom pages to your website and navigation in the SITES Tab. You might notice a company page and about page. It’s a bit odd. You could do one page all about Keller Williams, and one about your team. I made one more about the team and then one clean “about Lori Ballen”, the agent.
Later, you’ll learn how to remove these pages and add others if you don’t care for them. You can also edit and customize after you have the basic set up complete.
Let’s set up the About Page using the KELLE GUIDE.
Search Engine Optimization
This is how your page will appear on the search engine results pages. This is not really about keywords that will help you rank as much as it is what appears in the “snippet” when you do rank.
A snippet is a preview that appears on the search engine results page that shows a title, URL, and description.
The appropriate number of characters continues to change on Google. Most SEO’s are now suggesting keeping your title under 40 characters as to not get the … at the end as shown below. In addition, the KW website name appears in the menu by default until you edit the pages yourself, so shorter is going to be better.
Example Page Title
About Lori Ballen
Example Page URL Slug
The slug is the words that come after the slash. It’s best to use hyphens between words. In this case, lori-ballen-team identifies the page in the URL.
This is why I don’t suggest masking when you forward your domain name. You may not be able to see the slug which identifies the page to use for ads and other marketing you’ll learn with me in KW command lead generation strategies.
SEO Description (Meta Description)
This is the description that appears below the Title (metatitle) and URL (slug). You’ll want to keep this around 140 characters or less.
This is the Hero Image for this page. KW suggests 2000 x 500. You can use a larger image here such as the Hero Image size from the home page and you will have the option to crop it to your liking. Exact measurements in the design are not mandatory here.
As far as the content on this KW command agent site page goes, there’s much to the “design elements”. I’m looking forward to customizing more when they give us the ability to use all of the widgets on these pages.
Intro Paragraph Sample:
Next, Follow each section and use this image to locate where that section appears.
Continuing to the next “About Page”
Follow the guidelines as shown in this image as an example.