Posts contain affiliate links which benefit Lori Ballen.
Real estate agents often need to stand out from other agents. To do that, many need a custom, personalized website that provides branding and tools for prospective customers. A real estate website builder makes it possible to do that. Look at our recommendations for the best real estate website builders with IDX for your particular needs.
While I have revenue interest and affiliate partnerships with some of the websites mentioned on this list, I also included platforms where I have no partnership.
#1: Ballen Brands Real Estate Website Builders with IDX
Ballen Brands real estate websites are some of the most real estate-specific websites. Agents build them for agents, which makes them more hands-on and appropriate for many agencies. They are optimized to support lead generation and capture but still provide incredible options for customization to ensure your brand stands out.
Ballen Brands’ real estate websites are noted for their high-quality features and integrated tools. That includes its numerous calls to action tools. There are features such s community showcase pages, property search, and IDX integration. Moreover, the site has hundreds of agents consistently using its platform with solid results.
There are a few key aspects of Ballen Brands real estate sites that stand out, including:
- Built-in optimization and their built-for-SEO platform help with ranking in the search engines.
- These are complete WordPress websites that include numerous integrated tools to allow for lots of customization in the design and features.
- Users can create buyer, seller, and hyperlocal blogs as well as tap into the CRM available to use.
These professional, clean websites require a one-time purchase for the actual design and setup and a monthly fee, but prices are competitive.
Note: My brothers are Jeff and Paul, who own Ballen Brands. Jeff is a real estate agent on my Las Vegas/Boulder City, NV, real estate team. 702-917-0755. I have a small revenue interest in Ballen Brands, as it was a company that I originally founded.
Placester is built for lead generation for real estate agents. It has ample features and many customization options, but it is also one of the easiest tools. Users can select from several packages to set up and manage their website the way they desire.
The company also provides data migration services that allow agents to move all of their work to another platform with the ease and functionality of Placester.
One of the best features is the Placester Marketplace, which allows agents to hire a professional to help them create their website. You don’t have to do that and can instead choose one of the numerous templates available. The entire site offers features like IDX capability, CRM capabilities, and ample support.
Users can also upgrade the package to include add-ons. One of them is Open House Pro Premium. This app is an excellent tool for supporting your clients and has a digital sign-in feature for those who attend open houses, potentially working as a lead generation tool. Some other core features include
- Expect excellent lead capture options, including sitewide pop-ups and attention-getting messaging.
- Agents can tap into professional creative assistants to help them with their marketing if they want a better result or don’t want to spend the time on the process.
- Use it for one agent or manage up to 1,000 – even better, the company promises to get the site ready in 3 days with a custom purchase.
Competitively priced and easy to use for SEO and IDX listing search, Placester is a solid consideration.
#3: IDX Broker HOME
With fantastic WordPress themes, IDX Broker HOME is another excellent option overall. This website builder for real estate agents is a great option for those who want a truly personalized website and design options that help personalize the look, feel, and function of the site. The websites created are mobile-responsive and designed to be visually appealing with modern colors, fonts, and designs.
A few things stand out with IDX Broker Home, including the ease of adding your photos and logo. It also provides a relatively low cost for the entire process, which is a good option for agents just starting but hoping to make a splash immediately. It comes with an IDX plugin to allow for displaying MLS listings. It’s also pretty simple to set up with a drag-and-drop style dashboard. Some other key benefits of IDX Broker HOME include:
- Tap into performance with the lead metrics, which can help create and manage marketing campaigns efficiently.
- Choose from several package options, including a single agent, team, or office package.
- Key features include search engine-friendly URLs, email marketing tools, listing management tools, automation of lead assignment, and other features.
A robust tool, IDX Broker Home is an excellent choice for real estate agents. Several noted brokers use this tool, including Century 21, REMAX, and Coldwell Banker.
There are many key features to appreciate about Propertybase, including that it is fully customizable. It also has several fantastic lead capture tools, which makes it an automated resource for agents. Perhaps one of the most notable ways it stands out is by offering a linked CRM considered one of the best solutions in the industry. It is based on the Salesforce platform.
That makes it effortless to set up and manage your website and move people through your lead funnel. The automated communication tools allow agents to stay on top of their leads easily.
This all-in-one solution, which includes IDX integration, offers six template options. However, virtually everything within each template is customizable, so it does create a lot of versatility.
The lead capture tools and metrics provide a lot of insight to agents, which also helps to make this a well-rounded site. Another nice feature is the email communications tools, which you can also integrate with other tools you like to use, like SMS texting, if desired. Some core benefits of Propertybase include:
- This IDX-ready website builder is super easy to use. All users must do is turn on the feed from the MLS, and that’s it. This easy integration makes it a solid choice.
- The comprehensive customization allows for color scheme, font, and photo changes, with the ability to add videos. The agent stickiness feature uses website cookies to create specific user experiences once a prospect fills out a lead capture form. It’s super intuitive.
- The interface is easy to use and offers many automated tools to streamline setup and management over time.
The only real drawback of Propertybase is that it tends to cost a bit more for its packages and services than competitors.
Carrot is a full-service website builder for real estate agents. It claims to have over 7,000 agents and investors using its tools. The company’s tools are specifically created to generate leads.
Not only does it help in creating and managing those leads but it provides plenty of metrics on where leads are coming from, allowing agents to create effective online marketing strategies and track their performance.
It is a sophisticated website builder regarding the number and type of features offered. However, it maintains a simple drag-and-drop editor, making it possible for an agent who wants to customize their own site to do so easily. Its comprehensive library of pre-made blocks lets agents get sites up quickly.
This helps Carrot be a high-converting website builder designed for agents, investors, and industry leaders.
It provides features like native MLS searches on the site, MLS properties on the domain, and custom IDX feeds to allow for specific, individualized linking. It also has great SEO features to help rank your website and blog content tools. Some of the core benefits of this real estate website builder include:
- The Carrot Lead Manager allows agents to move leads to different stages easily and includes a lightweight CRM that lets you add notes and details.
- These are data-driven websites that include built-in analytics tools allowing individuals to have a clear insight into where leads came from, including which pages they landed on and more.
- The campaign tracking links are fantastic for those who plan to use Facebook marketing, Adwords, Craigslist, or other platforms.
In addition, Carrot allows for social media integration and provides content marketing with weekly blog posts, if desired.
BoomTown is a full-service website builder that integrates a solid CRM with IDX integration and lead generation for a full-service website. It also offers an excellent lead management service to help agents make the most of their time.
In addition, BoomTown is very easy to use, with a plug-and-play style setup and a wide range of features to allow for customization.
The company’s tools include all the tools and technology teams need, including flexible packages that allow organizations to scale as they need to due to growth.
The Success Assurance tool helps make the most of leads by monitoring the database for meaningful lead behaviors to allow for interaction and engagement when best suited to the client. BoomTown focuses on lead generation and maximizing ROI through intuitive software.
Several package options start with the Launch tool that helps to get the team started. The most advanced levels offer enterprise-level platforms for market expansion. There are several fantastic components here, including:
- The top-rated CRM tool for user experience is a component of this system. It works to help in the generation, qualification, management, and conversion of leads. This predictive CRM remains easy to use, too.
- Coaching tools are available, which can help companies not just be left on their own but have the tools and support needed to develop a solid site.
- The websites offer impressive customizations in terms of color and design.
BoomTown provides a solid solution for those who want ample lead generation help and support.
#7: Agent Image
Agent Image is all about visuals. Though it is a comprehensive website building tool, it instantly stands out for its ability to create vibrant, modern, and luxurious websites ideal for high-end real estate clients. It’s not a new company, having over 20 years of experience creating sites for agents and brokers. While it is a robust tool, it is more affordable than others, though pricing is not available online. A custom quote is necessary.
Agent Image stands out in a wide range of factors, including its listing display features and responsive design. This helps to make images captivating, drawing people in to click. It is also fully mobile optimized, which is critical for most agent sites today.
It also incorporates core SEO tools to help with ranking. Users can select from several options, including those designed for you, or invest in a website builder that allows users to be fully hands-on. The home page designs are fully customized to include lead capture, the inner page layouts are available in numerous styles, and IDX is easy to set up. Some core features include:
- The ImagineStudio package includes full design features, indexable listings, and custom add-ons for a more professional, higher-end product.
- The property details pages provide in-depth information on schools, setting up virtual tours, and social media inclusion.
- The IDX search features include robust forms, advanced search features, and customizable fields.
A bright, beautiful website is possible with Agent Image while staying within cost expectations and goals.
#8: Real Geeks
Real Geeks is a metric-based website builder, providing agents and brokers with ample resources to build highly effective websites. The company is well known for its seamless integration of lead generation, CRM, and marketing services to create impressive sites.
It enables fully responsive websites that are mobile optimized for best use. The company also strives to stand out in other ways, such as with super face load times and A/B testing to give agents more insight into what works.
There are a lot of great features with Real Geeks. That includes a built-in blog, comprehensive and fully editable pages, and search engine-friendly designs. It has it all, but it remains easy to use overall. That makes it more effective for many of today’s busy agents who just want answers and insights. Here are some excellent components of Real Geeks:
- Agents make the CRM, so it is designed to be very effective and efficient. It includes the ability to track lead activity and offers lead autoresponders and third-party integration of tools you want to use.
- It is possible to integrate IDC with updated MLS data fully. This is simple to establish and is updated every 15 minutes.
- It also provides market reports, home valuation tools, and lead solutions for Google and Facebook.
The ease of use of Real Geeks is a strong selling point, but it is also a very robust tool that offers excellent results.
For those who want a more budget-friendly option, InCom Real Estate is the best. It provides a lot of stand-out features for simple but highly responsive websites. A few key things make it stand out, including its optimized IDX websites with targeted landing pages and the buyer and seller leads on demand if you choose to use them.
The tools are more straightforward, but most templates are highly interchangeable with just a few clicks.
InCom provides a lot of templates and customizations for users. There is not much to choose from, but enjoy nice design options to make it worthwhile. You can pay a bit more for premium templates as well. There is a limited CRM available with InCom as well. This can help manage leads well enough but does not offer as many helpful tools and resources as other CRMs. There are a few key things that help it to stand out:
- The support is excellent, with 24/7 email support available if you get stuck at any point, which is a nice feature for most.
- All websites from the company are IDX-enabled and can easily be connected to your local MLS.
- The lead capture tools are intuitive since the company allows for custom InCom landing pages, including the User Registration tools. You can also disable features that do not work for your needs.
The InCom tools are easy to use, and most of the features you need for a good, reliable site are available. The key is you lose some of the functionality in exchange for a lower price overall.
Another real estate-specific website builder is iHomeFinder. It is a great-looking site and offers nice tools that enable a fast, efficient process for looking up available homes for sale. As it makes the home search process easier for buyers, it also integrates a lot of advanced lead capture technology that helps agents and brokers build a strong marketing strategy. It also keeps costs in line with most budgets.
In addition, iHomeFinder incorporates a strong CRM and all the marketing tools needed. It has a long line of well-recognized brands it works for, including Keller Williams, REMAX, Prudential, and others.
The company is a licensed IDX vendor for 480 MLS systems in the U.S., Canada, and other locations. In addition to this, it also offers web developers to help with the development, SEO ranking, and overall design of the site to make it even easier for you to manage. Here are some core areas that iHomeFinder does well:
- You can integrate its services into your already-existing website, or you can work to set up and manage a new site through the company, with domain setup, hosting, and maintenance a part of the package.
- There are a lot of styling options across the templates and displays available, which makes it easier for branding for many organizations.
- It’s also built for strong SEO, meaning that agents and brokers can rank well quickly in many cases. You do not need to use subdomains or framing either.
There are plenty of reasons to appreciate iHomeFinder. It is robust enough for most needs while offering a full hands-off option for those who just want a website up and running fast. The lead generation here is also solid, with SEO tools and IDX integration a breeze.
With AgentFire, you can start small with a basic plan and add elements like you would condiments on a burger.
The AgentFire website steers the viewer through three seemingly simple steps:
- Get a hyperlocal Spark Site with professional designs
- Add on the tools you want your website to have, such as IDX or home valuation calculators
- Sign up for a success plan
Each website builder is a bit different. However, most real estate website builders allow you to add the MLS or IDZ real estate listings to a specific page. Look within the tools and add-on features of the builder.How do I build my own real estate website?
Building your own real estate website starts with outlining your goals for that site, including whether you want to include IDX in it. Then, choose the best real estate website builder that fits your goals. Website builders simplify the process, giving you ample access to features and tools to create a professional, effective site.
What is an IDX website?
Internet Data Exchange, or IDX, is an important tool for many real estate websites. An IDX feed allows real estate agents who are members of the MLS to have real estate listings on their website, providing website users with real-time access to leads.
Investing in one of the best real estate website builders with IDX enables you to create a website that represents your business and helps you manage leads and market efficiently. Consider any real estate website builder options as a solid and often easy-to-use tool to help you build your site.