Canva. Design for everyone.
In a visual world, Canva Pro makes it easy for anyone to achieve their goals and create professional designs with premium content and features like Brand Kit, Background Remover, and more.
In 2022, it’s becoming abundantly clear that the future of business is digital. Restaurants have moved to digital menus, various bank chains are moving to digital banking, and business owners are moving to digital business cards.
Business owners have used physical, often paper, business cards for decades. These cards have many limitations, including the possibility of the cards being lost after distribution, the inability to store digital data, the costs of printing and distribution, and the fact that they’re not eco-friendly.
If you were to look around your office or room, how many business cards from other companies and businesses would you find? Probably not too many, as they’ve likely been tossed without a second glance.
That’s why the future of business is digital.
If you’re not sure where to begin when it comes to creating and using digital business cards, don’t fret. In this article, you’ll learn exactly why digital business cards are the right way to go, and the best apps you can use to make your very own cards today.
Are Digital Business Cards Beneficial?
Digital business cards should absolutely be within the near future for any business. There are several reasons digital business cards are far superior to their physical counterparts:
#1 – Information is easily held and trackable:
For starters, digital business cards can hold a lot more information than physical business cards.
This is due to the fact that digital business cards are essentially digital files that can be easily edited and updated as needed. They’re also much easier to share than physical business cards, as they can be quickly sent via email, text, or social media.
#2 – Cost-efficiency:
Another major benefit of digital business cards is that they’re often free or very low-cost to make. Physical business cards usually need to be professionally printed, which can be costly depending on the print job.
#3 – Easily customizable:
Digital business cards can also be customized far more easily than physical business cards. You can add your own personal touch to digital cards by including your own photos, designs, and branding.
#4 – Eco-friendly:
Finally, digital business cards are far more eco-friendly than physical business cards. There’s no need to use paper, ink, or other materials when you make digital business cards.
Let’s talk about the best digital business card-creating applications, and what makes them the best.
The Best Apps for Creating Digital Business Cards
Now that you know all the benefits of digital business cards, it’s time to find the right app to help you make them.
Listed in no particular order, here are 10 of the best apps that you can get today to begin your digital business card-creation journey, which will, in turn, assist you in networking professionally.
*Best for creating bulk business cards
Beaconstac is known for having one of the most intuitive platforms out of all of the competing card-creating applications. The company is also known for its use of unique QR codes to share business cards.
Reasons to use Beaconstac:
- QR code cards created using Beaconstac can be attached to websites, emails, or even physical cards if you decide to take on the electronic and physical route.
- Beaconstac prioritizes its security, so users can rest assured that their information is safe from hackers.
- Beaconstac has a relatively unique bulk-creation feature that allows its users to create thousands of business cards to distribute within minutes.
- The company allows users to add an incredibly wide variety of information to their cards, including their business address, contact information, website, over 20 social media links, images, and much more.
Beaconstac’s basic plan allows for one QR code where the information is static and cannot be changed. There are upgrade options for larger teams and companies, with a 14-day free trial so that you may try it out and see if Beaconstac is the right application to use for your business.
Beaconstac is a great application for those who are looking for secure software that allows for bulk card creation and the ability to add a lot of information to their digital business cards.
*Best for businesses with a large contact database
Currently, HiHello is one of the most popular platforms for creating digital business cards. It’s free to use and accessible on both iOS and Android phones, and it has various features that make it stand out among competing apps.
Reasons to use HiHello:
- The dashboard is incredibly user-friendly and allows for creating digital business cards in a matter of minutes.
- Business cards from other users can be stored within the app, and when a card is updated, it updates all users with the card information.
- The recipient of your business cards won’t need to have the app, as cards created with HiHello can be shared with anyone.
- HiHello electronic business cards can be shared in various ways, including URL, email, text, and a QR code, making them incredibly easy to share.
- There are existing professional templates within the app, which make the creation process incredibly simple.
- A business card scanner is built within the app, making it very simple to transfer a physical business card into an electronic form if you’re eager to switch to digital quickly.
HiHello is a free-to-use app, but upgrades are available for larger businesses.
HiHello is an amazing digital business card application that makes it easy for anyone to make the jump from physical to digital business cards. It’s a great platform for anyone looking to get their business contacts more organized and share their information with others quickly and efficiently.
*Best for businesses that want to track engagement
QRD is a great application for those who are looking to create a one-time dynamic business card and, similarly to Beaconstac, share it using a QR code.
Reasons to use QRD:
- QRD allows users to view an intuitive analytics page that allows them to understand what links are being clicked on by those who received their digital business cards.
- On the analytics page in QRD, engagement can be tracked by specific information, such as device type and general location.
- The application has easy-to-use page design capabilities that allow users to create unique digital business card designs that attract their products’ attention.
- Like Beaconstac, QRD ensures its users’ highest level of safety to guarantee that any private information will not be released.
QRD has a free plan for 1 QR code with a 100 per-day scan limit, but the company offers 3 paid plans for companies wanting to expand their digital business card-making horizons with QRD.
QRD is a highly advanced digital business card creation app that relies heavily on creating and using QR codes, and it’s a great platform for those who want to track engagement with their customers and partners.
*Best for real estate agents and entrepreneurs
Dibiz is not the most intuitive platform on the list, but it’s a satisfactory option for creating electronic business cards and a great option for tracking analytics.
Reasons to use Dibiz:
- Dibiz offers tracking capabilities on its platform, where users can view the number of clicks, unique visitors, and total card shares over time.
- The business plans in Dibiz make the platform much more intuitive and accessible, and it’s recommended for larger companies.
- In its paid plan, Dibiz allows for a custom domain.
It’s almost necessary to purchase a higher plan for Dibiz, as the free plan is not as accessible as the paid plan. For $60 a year, Dibiz allows for unlimited videos, photos, and links.
Dibiz isn’t recommended for those looking for a cheap digital business card solution. Still, it can be recommended for larger companies looking for a more permanent solution to electronic cards as opposed to physical ones.
*Best for those that are dressed to impress
Popl is a unique electronic business card, as it comes with a physical component. This digital business card comes with a sticker that sticks to your phone, and you wave it over the recipient’s phone to send your card information to them.
Reasons to use Popl:
- If the recipient’s device cannot receive the information from the Popl sticker, they can scan a QR code to receive it.
- The sticker that can be purchased with creating a Popl business card can be customized to have logos and designs.
- Users can create attractive and intuitive electronic business cards using the platform along with the unique sticker.
Creating a business card on Popl is free, but the sticker must be purchased. Also, there’s a pro option that users can upgrade to have access to more features.
Popl is definitely the most modern form of a digital business card. The use of NFC (Near Field Communication) makes Popl stand out among competitors and makes it a great option for those yearning to make a lasting impression on customers.
*Best for Influencers and Networkers
Linq was one of the market’s first electronic business card creation platforms. They take it a step further than Popl when it comes to NFC, as they offer a wide variety of products that contain business card information.
Reasons to use Linq:
- Linq offers products such as tags, unique cards, stickers, and even Apple Watch bands. This makes transferring information creative and unique and will leave a lasting impression on a customer.
- The platform is amazing for businesses, as owners can manage a team using Linq’s technology.
- The cards are completely customizable and free of charge, including colors and logos.
Linq has an incredibly wide variety of costs due to its array of products. To create a card, you need a product, meaning Linq is a paid program. A pro option can also be added after you install the free app.
Linq is an incredibly unique software for companies and ensures that a lasting impression will be made on whoever receives the business card information. Linq is a great option for those who are looking to spend a bit of money to earn a big plus in networking.
*Best for those that care about the environmental impact
Knowee is proud to announce the sustainable nature of electronic business cards compared to physical cards. Moreover, the platform is incredibly easy to use.
Reasons to use Knowee:
- Business owners who are worried about their environmental impact should look no further than using Knowee to create their digital business cards.
- Adding data to business cards made with Knowee is quick and easy.
- Knowee has an analytics tab where users can view numbers about total clicks and users.
Knowee is a paid application with multiple price plans.
Knowee is a simple yet effective electronic business card creation platform that is proudly sustainable and easy to use. It’s a perfect option for those who have a bit of money to spend and are also cautious about their environmental impact.
*Best for those that also want physical business cards
CamCard is a bit different than the others that made the list, as it has no option to build a business card.
Reasons to use CamCard:
- CamCard is an application that transfers a physical business card into a digital one.
- Scanning a physical business card is quick and easy, allowing immediate use of the data scanned.
The app is free, but to skip the ads that show during the use of the app, it costs about $47 a year.
If you’re someone who’s not looking to build a new business card but to scan an existing physical card, CamCard is for you.
Canva as an application is a staple in the art and design world. The software is known for logo and card design building and is a great way to start out in building a digital business card.
Reasons to use Canva:
- Canva is easy to use and highly intuitive.
- Thousands of pre-made templates on Canva are created for a wide variety of professions.
- There is no limit to how users can format in Canva, making the platform fantastic for those who are looking for a unique and special design for their cards.
- Designs can be printed or sent digitally, allowing for the creation of digital and physical cards with the same design.
Canva is free to use but has a pro option for those who are looking to access more designs on the platform.
Canva is a great platform for designing, printing, and sending business cards. If you’re someone looking to have both physical and digital business cards, Canva might be the perfect option for you.
Kado Network is an application that allows for both the creation of digital business cards, and also the networking that comes after the creation of the cards. It’s known for its various functions that are included within the app.
Reasons to use Kado:
- Kado isn’t just for creating digital business cards- it’s also used to send and receive cards and network with potential clients.
- Using Kado Network, users set up their card design, and then the application will generate the business card for you. This skips the hassle of having to do the design work yourself.
- Kado Network can connect with various other platforms, such as your calendars and emails, to keep important information in one place.
- Kado includes templates so that the design work is left entirely up to the app.
There is a free version of Kado, but it doesn’t allow for much access to the platform. The pro version is $4 a month.
Kado as a platform might have a learning curve, but it’s incredibly worth it for what you can access on the app. Kado is a perfect application for those who are looking to get more out of their electronic card creation application.
Which Digital Business Card App is the Best for Me?
It’s clear that digital business cards are the future for businesses.
To determine which application for creating business cards is the best for you, it’s important to consider what you’re looking for.
Are you looking to create a brand-new design, or are you looking to repurpose an old one? How about intuitiveness?
Review and try out some of the best options, and you’ll find that you can make your very own electronic business card hassle-free!