A Message From Lori
When it comes to image branding, you want to make sure that you first have a logo that represents that brand. For example, here is our logo:
Our goal when creating this logo was to have something simple, classy, and professional. We are a Marketing Company as well as a Real Estate Network, so we wanted to find something that would represent all of our companies in one logo.
When finding a logo, you want to make sure that you are provided with different variations of that logo, as well. This allows you to place this logo on different images and websites with no complication of the color not working properly, or the background getting in the way. Here are some examples of variations of our logo:
Once you have a logo, you are able to begin branding your photos.
Our marketing team also offers services for logo creation. If you would like to save time finding a logo, contact us for options.
We currently are using Canva to brand our photos. Canva is an easy to use, drag and drop photo editing program. Canva is free to sign up for, although they have different options that may cost money. Here are some of the variations you may come across when using Canva:
- Layouts, Stock Images, Premium Text Options
- Canva provides you with templates, images, and text options to create beautiful graphics, but there are some that cost $1 to utilize. Don’t worry, there are plenty of free options available.
- Canva for Work
- Canva for work is a monthly/annual subscription that you can sign up for. This allows you to set default options that are relevant to your business for easier editing. This also includes team collaboration options, and other additional features.
When you get started with Canva, you are presented with a plethora of designs to choose from. These design categories include:
- Social Media Posts
- Blogging & eBooks
- Marketing Materials
- Social Media & Email Headers
Each category has a decent amount of designs to choose from, depending on what it is that you are looking to create.
Once you’ve selected a design that you want to work with, you are taken to your editor. On the left, you will see the following options:
By default, this screen has the “Layouts” option open for you. When you are scrolling through the different layouts, you will see that some are labeled “Free” while others display a “$”. The ones with a $ are $1 a piece if you wish to use them, but there are plenty of free templates to choose from, or you can build your image from scratch.
Canva elements are a great way to add some additional content to your image. These include:
You will see that just like the Layouts, some of these are free, and others are paid.
When you wish to add text to your photo, you can do so via this option. You will have three options displayed at the top for the Heading, Subheading, and Body text options, but there are a variety of creative, playful, and interesting text options beneath those 3 options.
Do not worry about the color. Once you drag and drop the text to your image editor, you will have the option to double click to edit the text and color.
The background option will allow you to add different colors and patterns to the background of your image. If you are using Canva for Work, you will notice that your default branding colors will be available to you at the top of the background list.
Uploads allow you to add your logos and any additional images that you would like to utilize in your image. If you would like, you are also given the option to use photos from your Facebook account directly.
Using Canva for Branding Images
When branding images, you want to make sure you are placing the photo in the image where it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb, but also doesn’t get lost in the image. Here are some examples of some branded marketing photos, as well as listing photos:
You’ll notice in each of those images, the logo being used has a transparent background, so that it does not look harsh against the image. We also used both our black logo and gold logo, depending on the item in its background. If the item was darker, the gold was more appropriate. If the item was lighter, the black logo was more appropriate.
You will also notice in each of the photos that the logo is still easily noticeable, without being the main focus of the image. Remember, you want visitors to click through because of what you are promoting, not because who is promoting it.
Branding the Image
In Canva, to brand the image, it is a very simple process:
- Click the “Uploads” option in the Canva editor (the images above are all created using the “Facebook Post” design)
- Click Upload an Image and upload both your logo that you would like to use, as well as the image that you want to brand.
- Once the images have uploaded, drag and drop the image to the blank area in your Canva editor. Use the circles in the corner of the image to resize it to fill up the entire blank area. You do not want any white showing.
- Drag and drop your logo from the “Uploads” section onto the image. Use the circles in the corner of the logo to resize it. To move the logo, click and drag from the middle of your logo and position it where you would like it to display on the image.
- Click “Download” in the upper right corner
- Select “Image: For Web (JPG)” to have the image download to your computer
It’s as simple as that! You can now use your image on social media, your website, documents, anywhere you’d like!