In this How To Video, Lori Ballen will show you how she uses her favorite keyword tool: http://bit.ly/ALSemRush to know which blog posts to refresh, redirect, or remove. This video is step by step instruction on how and why you want to refresh and republish your blog posts on a regular basis.
What it is:
Refreshing or republishing blog content on our real estate agent websites.
Why we do it?
- To check the quality of the content we created.
- To make sure the content is updated, current and still relative to the consumer.
- To show Google that we are publishing fresh content. We want the search engines to crawl our content frequently.
How we do it:
- We sort our content by oldest publish date to newest.
- We use a Keyword Tool if budget allows to see if that page is ranking for any keywords.
- If it’s not ranking, we decide to redirect it to another post that makes more sense (301) or trash it (410) or update it to get it ranking.
- If we are keeping the content, we add new images, graphs, internal links, update stats or written content and so forth to make it better. Ask yourself “If I were someone looking for information on this topic, is it covered here? What can I do to improve it?”
- Once we update the content, we change the publish date to today!
Search Engine Optimization is a gift that keeps on giving. Google wants to deliver the most relative content to the searcher and works hard to measure the user experience in an effort to do so. Your content must be relative, focused, niche oriented, timely, strategically planned, informative, in-depth, fast loading, and easy to read. By always working on refreshing and republishing your content, you can easily stay on top of this process in an constantly improving initative.
Not all IDX providers are created equal. The IDX provider you choose can influence the way your website looks and performs for lead generation, lead capture, and more. Find out why I chose IDX Broker, …CONTINUE READING IDX BROKER | MAKING THE MOST OF REAL ESTATE WEBSITES